The parishes of Elmton with Creswell and Whitwell with Steetley are located in a semi-rural area of North East Derbyshire. Although not located in the famous Derbyshire Dales we are surrounded by beautiful countryside. The renowned prehistoric site of Creswell Crags is just outside the village. In addition, Sherwood Forest (legendary home of Robin Hood) and the National Trust property of Clumber Park are only a short drive away.
We are four churches working together to bring the love of God to everyone in their communities. We aim to be open and welcoming churches; valuing equally all who we meet and trying to serve others as Jesus asked his followers to do. We are a church community on a journey in faith; exploring Jesus’ words and questioning what they mean for us in today’s world. We welcome everyone to join us in learning more about living as Jesus commanded and what that looks like in our individual lives. We look upward to God, inward to each other and outward to the community and the wider world, to share the love of God and Jesus message of salvation for all.
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our churches.
Safeguarding Policy Statement – Promoting a Safer Church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church. Our commitments in the Benefice of Elmton with Creswell and Whitwell with Steetley:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:
Revd Keith Cocking – Rector, Tel: 01909 722354, e-mail: email@example.com
Jackie Stoor, Whitwell with Steetley Safeguarding Officer (PSO) , Tel: 07776149986, e-mail:..firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Hogg, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Tel:01332 388678, e-mail:email@example.com